Now you can use cool new special effects for Instagram direct messages (DM) through the recent software update, Facebook merged Messenger and Instagram messages, and since then the latter has gained some cool new features, such as the capability to set custom chat colors, disappear modes, custom emoji reactions, etc.
Now, when you reply to someone or send a new message to someone, you can add special effects in Instagram DM. Follow these orders.
- First up, make sure that you have got the latest version of Instagram installed on your phone.
- Open any chat on Instagram and type a message.
- Tap the magnifier on the left, next to the text entry field.
- You’ll now see four new effects to choose from.
- Tap and choose the one you like and that’s it.
- Doing this will send a message along with the special effect.
Apart from this, you can also save messages to use as quick replies for enabling this feature to follow these steps.
- To save a sent message, long-press on it and tap Save.
- You’ll be asked to assign a shortcut, enter it, and hit Save.
- To save a received message, long-press on it > tap More > tap Save. Assign a shortcut command to it, and that’s all.
- Now whenever you want to send a quick reply, simply use the shortcut instead of typing the complete phrase.